wilson 8802 putter history

The no-nonsense view at address is the view Wilson had when they created this putter. Are the 8802s just rarer? I have a Mizuno MP T-102 and a Scotty Cameron California Del Mar and they are both very lonely clubs. Wilson is committed to achieving Level AA conformance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and achieving compliance with other accessibility standards. It will definitely be seeing some time in the bag this season. We have all seen versions of the 8802 that include sight lines, either on the flange or top line. I would have to agree this putter is as soft as butter. Matt is the Founder and Editor in Chief of Plugged In Golf. Summary: The new Wilson Staff 8802 putter continues the heritage of the original Wilson Staff milled putter that won multiple major championships in the hands of some of the best putters in history. The Wilson Staff 8802 putter is an homage to the most classic design in putting. I don’t know but half the fun of golf to me is improving and trying to prove those wrong that you can’t buy a game . Switched from the Ping Anser and never went back. Those who have the time will know how hard they need for each distance after some practice, whereas with my 2014 Cameron I was always left frustrated with inconsistent roll and distance. It is also a bit heavier than the old one. Wilson Staff did a good job keeping this putter under wraps, saving it as the high point for their Centennial celebration. The milling is beautiful yet traditional, as is the shape. Here’s another way to know. If you are a line or dot guy, the 8802 may give you a bit of pause in the alignment department. The Palmer model was 8852 (1963). The 2014 version has stay very true to the original with the same iconic blade-looks and lines. The Lamkin grip is a bit thinner than modern grips, closer in size to that found on the classic 8802. There is one thing that must be mentioned though about this 8802. Yet, that is a good thing on slow greens. Wonderful feel. And I was lucky enough to be one of the very first to get my hands on one. It is just about as smooth a putter as you can find anywhere. The two putters that sprang up in the 1960s were the flange, now most commonly referred to as the 8802, after the Wilson model that became a … Very elegant to look down on. It also shows, however, that the better players on the greens make fewer changes, USE OF AND/OR REGISTRATION ON ANY PORTION OF THIS SITE CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF OUR. MyGolfSpy, Inc. All Rights Reserved. I love the feel off the milled face. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-401-7967, if you have any issues accessing information on this website. Ballesteros used an Anser in all five of his major victories. I had a crafty veteran (aka old guy) point that out to me when I was playing around with it on the practice green. I’ve tried using different companies versions of it but just too much rotation. Even the best players are not immune to the temptation of the Placebo Effect that can come with a new piece of equipment. No, I'm not late to the party, reviewing a club that came out in 1963. Hopefully, you are well aware that the modern Wilson Staff is a whole new equipment entity. Copyright © 2020 Plugged In Golf.

Aesthetic Username Ideas, Lake Wenatchee Weather, Alligator Gar Fry, Oleanna Play Monologue, Summit1g Net Worth, Band Of Brothers Veterans Interviews Names, Unity Hdrp Grass,

Ten post został opublikowany w Aktualności. Dodaj do zakładek bezpośredni odnośnik.