sierra 175 smk load data

Don't know about the OAL with the Berger, it's longer than the Sierra. Rifleshooter.com and its authors, do not assume any responsibility, directly or indirectly for the safety of the readers attempting to follow any instructions or perform any of the tasks shown, or the use or misuse of any information contained herein, on this website. I’ll keep people updated. For traditional ladder testing, shooters would start at the published minimum load and work up a ladder with 20 cartridges. To conduct a ladder test, a shooter starts at the published minimum load for a given powder in their manual and load cartridges in .3 grain increments to the maximum. "I'll probably start around 41.3 grains and work up from there" which will give me about 177 - 158 loads per lb of powder. Sierra recently released a new-for-2018, 95-grain .224 projectile, Sierra product #1396, with a claimed G1 BC of 0.600 — mighty impressive for a .22-caliber bullet. Each charge was fired for one, 5-shot group. Share the post "New Official Load Data for Latest High-BC Sierra MatchKings", Tags: .223 Rem, .308 Win, 300 Win Magnum, F-Class, Hybrid Bullet, MatchKing, Sierra Bullets. The M118 LR uses Reloader 15 powder. They were been growing in popularity before these came along. And just last week Sierra has released initial load data for these four new projectiles. Built on a customized Remington 700 receiver, the rifle has  a 25″ long barrel and used the following parts from Brownells: It was chambered with a Manson Precision Reamer 308 Match reamer on a Grizzly gunsmithing lathe. 175 grain SMK and IMR 4064 41.7 grain through 42.2 grain groups at 100 yards (above). All shooting was done at 100 yards, prone, with a bipod and rear bag. While the pistol reloaders may not experience it as much as the rifle guys, invariably, […], The Savage Axis (originally branded the Savage Edge) is a budget rifle with a strong following. Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email. WARNING: The loads shown are for informational purposes only. They need a lot of twist. I don’t do a lot of prep work when I load ammo. I have used a bullet chart for years how can I get a new wall chart with all new calibers???? It is actually brighter than the picture shows, the camera darkened up quite a bit from the direct sunlight. You might be surprised! Post was not sent - check your email addresses! bullets. })(); To comment on a post, click Post Title or "Comment" Link. ?. January 11, 2016 Proceed with caution, the last shot of the 44.1 grain load required a mallet to open the bolt! Today I am working with the ubiquitous 175 grain Sierra MatchKing (SMK). I believe teh 3.7″ was copied over from the 300 Win Mag by mistake. 175 SMK and IMR 4064 43.5 grain through 44.1 grain groups at 100 yards (above). The IMR 4064 ladder was more impressive. I’ve got my 300 Win Mag rebarreled in a 1 in 8 twist 26″ Barrel, so lam looking forward to trying out the 230 SMK.Im in the UK, and unfortunately, can’t get H1000 anymore, so I’ll be trying Vihtavouri N170 and RL26. Bullet: Sierra 175gr BTHP MatchKing (SMK) Brass: Lapua, new, full length sized Powder: IMR 4064 Primers: CCI 200 COAL: 2.235 (at the ogive, with … The 42.6 grain load shot the best, .351 MOA. Everyone I knew always considered a “good” heavy-barreled 308 an essential part of the well-equipped gun guy’s collection. Not bad considering this was factory brass with no prep work and all powder charges were thrown! I’ll be working up some loads for further accuracy testing at this distance. RIFLE RELOADING DATA 5 7mm Remington Magnum RIFLE RELOADING DATA 6 INDICATES MAXIMUM LOAD - USE CAUTION LOADS LESS THAN MINIMUM CHARGES SHOWN ARE NOT RECOMMENDED. ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? I simply open a box of Lapua brass, seat a primer, drop a powder charge and seat a bullet. Lugged base? The rifle was built with the following parts from Brownells: If you’d like to read about how the rifle was built, please see: The Lapua brass I am using has been fired twice in this rifle. w/CANN 500/bx, SIERRA 22(.224) 77gr HPBT MATCHKING w/CANN. #1913 .284” 150 gr. For comparison purposes, using a 15 round sample (3, 5-shot groups), 44.2 grains of Varget was 2717 feet/second with an SD of 10.7 (avg size of 3, 5-shot groups was .605″) and 44.8 grains of Varget was 2755 feet/second with an SD of 13.2 (avg size of 3, 5-shot groups was .974″) from this gun on the same day. Bullet: Sierra 175gr BTHP MatchKing (SMK) Brass: Lapua, new, full length sized Powder: IMR 4064 Primers: CCI 200 COAL: 2.235 (at the ogive, with comparator) I loaded sighters at 39.7, 40.5, and 41.3 grains. 0. Ballistic information was recorded with a Magnetospeed V3 barrel mounted ballistic chronograph. On the list below, you can find all the rifle reloading data we have currently available. A 5-shot group for each load during the initial work up seems like the best bet. with horn brass 175 SMk and cci primers using: Reloader 15 at 39.5 - 44.3gr. You must log in or register to reply here. Bill Marr The 308 was THE gold standard cartridge for the precision rifle/LE/military crowd for decades. HEAVY DUTY gun rack suggestions for ATV use. WARNING: The loads shown are for informational purposes only. I had an excellent spotting scope and still needed to walk downrange with the lighting conditions. They are only safe in the rifle shown and may not be safe in yours. I pay for it please reply this the only round I load..tkd. You’ll notice the 44.2, 44.5 and 44.8 grain loads impacted within .420″ (.229 MOA) of one and other. CLICK HERE to get the latest official load data for these four new bullets. The downside is you need to record the impact of each round. I’m not interested in having my 308 perform like a 30-30, so slow and accurate loads don’t appeal to me. It is temp sensitive though. I get 2860 fps out of a 24 in. My Sierra 4th edition list 55.6 grs. Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email. _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-6323545-2']); of H4350. I’ll be shooting my ladder tests at 200 yards, since this is the longest distance available at the range closest to my home. In my experience, these are the most consistent large rifle primers available, offering lower standard deviations than other brands. Project Guns- Gunsmithing articles and posts, Shilen Select Match #7 contour 1:10 twist barrel, MagnetoSpeed barrel mounted ballistic chronograph, 308 Winchester Load Development Part-2: 175-grain Sierra Matchking, Varget and Reloader 15, How to remove a stuck case from a sizing die. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. got on great with the 168gn smk in my 30-06 with 52gn rs60 powder….. 0.5inch groups at 100yds I have always found the accuracy loads from Sierra to be just that, accurate. Since I already have data on this rifle, I started at my safe maximums and worked down in .3 grain increments for a total of 10 loads for each given cartridge. The jury is still out. 0″, TMK 382. February 6, 2015 3.240” Powderi / Velocity g 2800 2900 3000 3050 3100 3150 H4350 56.9 59.5 62.1 … Consult appropriate load manuals prior to developing your own handloads. Varget has been my go to 308 Winchester powder for nearly a decade, but I am always looking to improve. Both cartridges use the 175 grain SMK projectile. The best loads with this powder are right around Max and run around 2950. Because of the light I had to walk downrange three times to locate shots I couldn’t pick up with my Mark 4 Spotter or rifle scope. The average SD was 10.5. I’ve heard great things about IMR 4064. For powders, I’ll be using Varget and IMR 4064. NRA Annual Meeting Today, October 24, in Tucson, Arizona, The 6mm Super LR — .243 Winchester Made Better, Walmart Removes Guns & Ammo Due to Fear of Looting and Riots, The Mother of All Muzzle Brake Tests — PRB’s Epic Research, Lapua 6.5 PRC, .284 Win, .300 PRC, & .300 Win Mag Brass in 2021. JavaScript is disabled. Some shooters view them as “cheap”. To say range conditions were less than ideal would be an understatement (unless you lived in the Yukon). I like to shoot, not reload. Kel-Tec RDB Survival Review: A Better Bang Stick? I have always found the accuracy loads from Sierra to be just that, accurate. In recent months, Sierra has unveiled four very serious, ultra-high-BC MatchKing bullets in .224, .264 (6.5 mm), and .308 calibers. looking for reloading data and col for the 168gns 30cal tmk. Coyote Hunting - From 10 Yards to over 1,000 Yards. While it is has similarities to the Savage Model 10/110, features of the Axis are geared toward selling the rifle for […], In the world of precision rifles, military firearms and Remington 700s, the terms clip slot, lug slot and lugged base often come up. All information is provided "as is" with all faults without warranty of any kind, either express or implied. I had previously tested and found 44.3 grains to be max for my rifle before adverse pressure signs started showing up, so I used that as max in this test. Previously these bullets were tested th. berger bullet. A clip slot, historically found on a wide range of firearms (take a […]. I used the following reloading components: My loading process is fairly simple. SBT GameKing C.O.A.L. […]. FGGM ammo is Sierra 168 MK 43.5 IMR 4064 Fed 210m primer This is in the cases used for there ammo. Range conditions were overcast, 45F, with half to full value 10-15 mile per hour winds. _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']); He has shot many, many mule deer with this bullet and he has handloaded this bullet for many others. Sirrea Matchking out of my 0-06 all the time. Our friend Mr. Ironsighter uses the Sierra 165 grain Game King and he swears by this bullet. if anyone could help me out it would greatly appreciated.gun), Have used 175 Sierra Match with Rem cases 210M and RL22. If you shoot a 308 Winchester and see a can of IMR 4064 on the shelf, I suggest you pick it up. Late Season Reminder — Replace Your Safe’s Keypad Battery! AA-3100, 2700 fps WW case, WW WLR primer, OAL 3.290 as the accuracy load for 175's. barrel. Maybe it isn’t you…, Porting a shotgun barrel with a milling machine, Rifleshooter.com’s Shotgun Buckshot Standards, Machining a Glock slide for a Trijicon RMR cut, Customizing the 1911: detail work, golf ball reverse plug, Filling a Dovetail Sight Notch with a Blank. McGowen Remage Barrel Review: Spoiler Alert- It Shoots! When choosing a load to test, keep in mind that seating depths can make a HUGE difference in pressure. The downside to this method, is it uses a lot of powder and bullets. Things improved with the IMR 4064 ladder, I only had to hike through the snow twice. My Sierra 5th edition list 49.0 grs Viht N550, 2600 fps, Federal case, Fed 210 primer, OAL 3.290 as the accuracy load for 175's. (function() { var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true; i am looking for reloading data for the 30-06 in a 175 gr. HPBT MatchKing C.O.A.L. In this post, I’ll be developing a load for my M40A3 clone. Having a 25″ barrel, I expected numbers that were slightly higher. I’ll be shooting my ladder tests at 200 yards, since this is the longest distance available at the range closest to my home. I like to fire 5-shot groups of each load during the load development process. *Sierra advertises a G1 ballistic coefficient (BC) of .545 for speeds over 2400 FPS. All content Copyright 1998-2018 Rifleshooter.com, FTC disclosure: some links on this site are monetized. To read about load development in a 22″ 308 using Varget and RL15, see: 308 Winchester Load Development Part-2: 175-grain Sierra Matchking, Varget and Reloader 15, Building a USMC M40A3: Cloning the Marine Corps Sniper Rifle from 1999-2009, 7.62×39 mm Russian: Effect of barrel length on muzzle velocity, There are two types of reloaders, those who’ve had a case stuck in a die, and those who haven’t yet. The rifle’s chamber was measured with a Hornady OAL gauge and the cartridge overall length was adjusted so the bullet was seated at the lands. Sierra Bullets has LOAD DATA for these four new bullets. And just last week Sierra has released initial load data for these four new projectiles.

しそ 葉先 黒い, Sloths For Sale, Names Like Etta, Poasa Faamausili Warriors, Lil Mosey Dead, Funny Higher Or Lower Questions, Power Automate Script, How Many Logs To Build A 20x20 Cabin, Nina Hillman Height, David Haskell Amesbury, Vepr 12 Canada, How Many Awards Does Bts Have In Total, The Invisible Man Plot Holes Reddit, Movies About Enmeshment, Alexandra Hall Height, Korean Articles For Beginners, Bradley Martyn Nelk, Cinelli Vigorelli Shark Review, Soul Brother Astrology, Crazy Chicken Birkenhead, What Simple Machine Is A Ladder, Onyx Bulletproof Hoodie, Subway Bread Recipe Italian Herb And Cheese, Ring Emoji Meaning, Marcus Rashford Wife, Shipwright Background 5e, 1000 Gecs Tree Coordinates, Anonytun Configuration Orange, Welsh Terrier Rescue, Elio Pis Age, Surname Of Khukhrain, Pacman Frog Sudden Death, Twist Winning Numbers, What Does Stg Mean, Aurora Green 13s, 10 Am Edt To Central Time, When To Stop Hand Feeding A Baby Quaker Parrot, Somewhere On A Beach Girl Name, Stepinac Football Roster, Oil Gesso Recipe, Borrego Springs Stargazing Forecast, Whatsapp Secret Chatting, Bene Sai In English, Noémie Merlant Instagram, Crunk Juice Bombs, The Offence 1972 Streaming, Rifle Rated Ballistic Helmet, Sennen Cove Surf Beach Bar Webcam, Sword Attack Names, Quarter Horse Breeders Ontario, Avram Grant Net Worth, Andre Carter Towanda Husband, Are Kei Cars Legal In Uk, Insidious: Chapter 3 123movies, élément Du Four En Feu, Optics Planet 507k, Brittany Botched Instagram, Myrcia Battle Cats, Sonya Jackman Age, Numurkah Accident Today, Pourquoi Mettre Un Oeuf Dans La Pâte à Pizza, Japanese Surnames Meaning Gold, Jalyn Name Meaning, Tiktok Travel Songs, Corelle Factory Outlet, Deer Hunter Russian Roulette Mao, Goat Beard Mushroom, Christopher Knight Spouse, Julion Alvarez Songs, Sgmii Eye Mask, Barry Mccaffrey Wife, Bowling Thumb Brace, Tig Welding Copper, Aqa English Language Paper 1 2019 Pdf, Cedar Elm Firewood, Shaw Tv Stuck On Select Your Language, How Tall Is Pati Jinich, Essay On Visit To Science Centre, What Should I Watch On Disney Plus Quiz, Lg Ceo Email Address, Rap Maroc Mp3, John And Lisa's Weekend Kitchen Egg Fried Rice, Is Oni Akuma Canon, Turnip Animal Crossing Code, No Man Sky Capital, Hartford Athletic Player Salary, Why Would A Guy Send Me A Picture Of Himself, Madame Rouge Powers, Rythm Bot Skip To Song, Juegos Friv 2, Sri Lanka Jungle Fowl For Sale, I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream Discussion, How Did Slavery Change From 1754 To 1850, Micro Pig Breeders, Ybn Nahmir Cars, Malcolm Washington Net Worth, Snake Water Bowl, Spear Vs Lance Vs Javelin, Hugh Williams Victoria, Keystation Mini 32 Octave Not Working,

Ten post został opublikowany w Aktualności. Dodaj do zakładek bezpośredni odnośnik.