1972 sunfish sailboat

Boat Descriptions – Boat 1 is a 1972 Sunfish with a blue deck & blue white stripped sail with metal halyard pulley & metal bailer. google_color_url = "008000"; If there is a serial number molded into the hull, it will be in the upper right corner of the transom. The distinctive low-aspect ratio crab claw sail gives the Sunfish an anachronistic appearance compared with today's more familiar high-aspect ratio Bermuda rig sailboats. L   Email me or call me with any questions, 941-204-4196. 3419-5692...........1962 J   This is a 1972 Alcort Sunfish Sailboat, measuring 11' in length with a 3' beam. Your favorites are temporarily saved for this session. C   I think all the rigging is there, but I am not sure as I don't know much about these little guys. It has been stored year round underneath tarps completely covered year round. Buyer can fully inspect all items before purchase upon pickup. All equipment need to sail included. Both have all wooden mahogany daggerboards and rudder/ tiller assemblies and as you can see in photos. Its been sitting on a rack for many years. Purchased new in 1972, single owner - sailed for 10 years, stored for 30 years. D   Would like to get it out of the yard. Although the earliest models were built of wood and offered as kits, the fiberglass version, first introduced in 1960, became the most popular recreational sailboat in history. U   Go to Sailing Texas classifieds for current sailboats for sale, 12/5/17, 1977 Sunfish, Saint Augustine, Florida, $500, 4/20/08, 1977 Sunfish, Houston Texas, $1,050, 10/6/10, Sunfish, late 70s, San Antonio, Texas, $700 firm, 1/15/08, 1977 Super Sunfish, Minnetonka, Minnesota, $1,595, 5/26/10, Pre 1980 Sunfish, Sugar Land, Texas, $450, 6/8/09, TWO 1978 & 1979 Super Sunfish, Tampa, Florida, $1,950, Sailboat Photo Gallery 1; 2; 3; Side Refine Panel. reserved. Purchased new in 1972, single owner - sailed for 10 years, stored for 30 years. Antique And Classic Boats. The Sunfish combines performance, stability and durability in a package that appeals to beginners and experts alike. Designed as a water-tight, hollow-body pontoon, a hull like the Sunfish has is sometimes referred to as "self-rescuing" because the boat can be capsized and its cockpit swamped without threat of the boat sinking. Up for grabs is my 14' AMF Alcort Sunfish Sailboat. 1952 - 1969 Alcort, Inc. (founded 1945) He developed a high-aspect ratio sail that worked on the Sunfish hull and christened his design the Formula S. The high aspect ratio sail plan has better upwind performance characteristics over the lateen sail, changing the boat's handling to point more like other Bermuda rig sailboats in its size. This makes the boat and the racing Class practically one and the same. 48000-59000.........1968 80000-91000.........1971 Alcort replaced many boats, as the 1971/72 model year boats could not be repaired. N   Wooden Kick up Rudder and Daggerboard: 9/10 - Both in excellent100% working order. In contrast, the Sunfish has a wider beam for more stability, increased freeboard and the addition of a foot-well for a more comfortable sailing position. With its hard chine hull, the Super Sunfish is the more stable boat so it's a tradeoff between the two designs. Pick-up, or we can work something out in terms of shipping/transport. google_color_bg = "FFFFFF"; Sunfish AMF 1975. M   ©2020 Sea Time Tech, LLC, We will occasionally send you relevant updates. This listing will include:1982 AMF Alcort Sunfish Sailboat with all parts and accessoriesDaggerboard Dolly w/ wooden stand 2 x blue flotation cushions I will rate all Sunfish Equipment to the best of my ability: Sunfish Hull: 8/10 - still retains original clear coat shinehas a few scuffs and scratches, and has a small paintchip behind the bailer as pictured. Designed as a water-tight, hollow-body pontoon, a hull like the Sunfish has is sometimes referred to as "self-rescuing" because the boat can be capsized and its cockpit swamped without threat of the boat sinking. Sunfish Sailboat Mahogany Rudder Blade. Category - Length 14 feet . I broke off front handle today but broke in middle not were screws are, just replace handle if you want really doesn't need it.has a few blemishes as to be expected, payment within 2 days. This Sunfish will be pickup-only from Danbury, CT. Slight fiberglass damage under the trim. The hull’s very mild "V" bottom and hard chine make Sunfish a most stable boat for its size, along with enabling it to sail on a plane (hydroplane). The first thing to check is the serial number. Mahogany rudder/tiller and center board are like new. very nice 80's sunfish,dont know exact year put had to put a year in listing, complete with excellent sail, boat, rudder, tiller, custom made beach trailer or dolly, has over sized tires for beach sand. Y   Additional site navigation. S   google_ad_width = 728; It features a very flat, boardlike hull carrying a crab claw ("Oceanic lateen") sail mounted to an un-stayed mast. The boat has been in storage for several years and therefore the decision is to let her go to someone who will sail her again. G   Everything is in very good condition. Daggerboard has spring lock in tact and the kick up rudder actually works and is spring loaded. google_color_text = "000000"; google_color_border = "FFFFFF"; Will trailer just fine. M   Super Sailfish MK-II. Sunfish Sailboat 2nd Gen.(new style rudder), 14' AMF Alcort Sunfish Sailboat w/dolly DELIVERY AVAILABLE, AMF Alcort Sunfish,sailboat,daysailor,ready to sail,14ft,cart not included, AMF Alcort Sunfish (complete boat)with custom beach dolly,sailboat,daysailor. 00100-01865.........1972 Rudder and dagger board and in great shape and are included. The literature points out the sail systems can be easily swapped on a single Sunfish hull to accommodate different sailors' preferences. There was a known problem, but no one could figure it out. Sunfish first appeared as either a DIY kit or a finished boat. The Sunfish hull is light enough to throw on top of your car with ease. If the serial number is on a metal plate, you can look up the year from the table on the bottom of this page. //-->, Select the first letter of the The rudder was missing the last segment when I bought it-the part you hold on to, so I invented a last segment which worked fine for me. The hard-chined hull and low sail plan provide unmatched stability and a forgiving feel. This information was posted on the Sunfish website, but they have changed the site and this was no longer available, so I have stored it here for safekeeping. However the older cockpits (short) had a flanged top (where they intersected the deck, and the new ones added in September 1970 did not have this. will be away last weekend in may from Friday thru sunday, but available all week and next. E   google_ad_height = 15; This page was last edited on 6 October 2020, at 01:56. google_ad_client = "pub-9001772043652166"; A clear title comes with the trailer. [a], To celebrate 60 years of Sunfish, current builder Laser Performance designed a 60th Anniversary edition of the Sunfish to celebrate the diverse history of the boat and the sailors that love it. Sunfish Sailboat Splash Guard for 1972 to present. Model While the Sunfish is a strict one design, changes have been made through the years. Tee Nee Trailer has new high speed tires and rims, and a new trailer hitch. google_ad_format = "728x15_0ads_al"; $30.00 shipping. will hold up to 2 weeks if paid in full within 2 days.when you hit the buy it now its to buy not to come and look at do that before buying or ask questions or send someone to check it out. V   You may very well end up with the item that you want for the price that is right for you.THIS ITEM IS AVAILABLE FOR LOCAL PICKUP ONLY!Please note my 14 day return policy, see my 100% satisfaction rating, read my buyer feedback and bid with confidence.CommunicationIf you have a problem or question regarding your transaction please contact us before leaving any type of feedback. DOES NOT come with rig or spars. B   Delivery is available for a fee. It has a new wheel, tire and hitch with 1 7/8" socket. Lateen rigged sail: 1.) Sunfish Sailboat Mast. D   I would rather not attempt it myself. Also, see this Sunfish Owner's Manual. them permanently, access them on any device, and receive relevant alerts. P   Has a sail that has been patched and probably should be replaced as there are some small holes in it. LOCAL PICKUP ONLY about 35 miles south of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Would like to get it out of the yard. This boat is in nice condition showing some wear and tear. Thanks! From that humble beginning the Sailfish was born and seven years later an improved design, the Sunfish.[9]. sunfish complete with excellent sail, boat, rudder, tiller, vintage hardware.beach dolly in pics not included, ready to sail. google_ad_width = 160; 2/27/13, 1987 and 1978, 2 Sunfish Sail Boats, The Woodlands, Texas, $2,100 11/5/05, 1987 Sunfish hull , Sunrise Beach, central Texas, $40 6/16/04 1987 Sunfish , Cranbury, New Jersey, asking $1595 [16][20] Events of past and present, such as the Connecticut River race,[21] Seattle's Duck Dodge,[22] and the Hampton Roads Sunfish Challenge & Dinghy Distance Race, now in its 10th year,[23] serve as examples of the sort of fun Sunfish sailors have without getting too serious. Donor says they got the boat from a family member, but they do not use it so they have decided to donate. A proposal to build a lifesaving paddleboard for the Red Cross came their way. this is the HULL ONLY. Sailboats for sale,